Multidisciplinary Health Research Conference
The Research & Education Foundation (REF) hosts our Annual Multidisciplinary Research Conference every year on the last Friday in November, featuring keynote talks by invited speakers and a poster exhibition on health research conducted in the region.
The conference is a unique opportunity for local researchers in the SUH catchment area to present their recently undertaken health research projects, carried out at SUH and in collaboration with our partner institutions to a wide audience.
The annual conference also showcases REF’s ongoing efforts to encourage research, build research networks and provide health education to those involved with healthcare provision and the general public as well as to strengthen Sligo’s reputation as a place to undertake health research.
For the first time in 2022, the conference was preceded by an Early Stage Researcher Forum in the Lecture Theatre, SUH. This exciting extension provides motivation and opportunity to local early stage health researchers, both medical and academic to present their work-in-progress health-related research with the aim of stimulating ideas and gaining experience in presenting research while receiving valuable feedback from an expert panel.
Encouraged by the success and positive feedback, we are delighted to announce our
24th Annual Multidisciplinary Research Conference 2023
Friday, 10th November 2023, 9:00 -16:00
2nd Early Stage Researcher Forum 2023
Thursday, 9th November 2023, 14:00 – 17:00
- Keynote speakers – International / National experts
- NW Ireland – Industry / Community / ATU Sligo / Public Health representatives
- SUH Management and Clinical perspectives
- Projects selected from local researcher submissions for oral presentation
- Poster Exhibition with Best Poster Medals for Medical and Allied Healthcare Professional
- €7,000 worth of Seed Grants up to a maximum of €2500 per awardee.
Deadlines: (late applications will not be considered)
- Seed Grants Scheme 2023: tba
- Poster Exhibition, Call for Abstracts: tba
- 2nd Early Stage Researcher Forum, Call for Abstracts: tba
- Auditorium ATU Sligo (in-person) & Lecture Theatre, Sligo University Hospital (live stream)
- CPD Credits approval from RCPI, RCSI, ICGP and NMBI