Research Ethics Committee at Sligo University Hospital
The Research Ethics Committee (REC) at Sligo University Hospital (SUH) is charged with the responsibility of independent review research studies conducted in the Sligo University Hospital catchment area.
- REC Chairperson: Dr. Miriam O’Sullivan
- REC Administrator: Aileen Concannon – firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you apply for Ethical Approval, the research requiring approval should not commence before approval is granted. This committee does not review studies that have been completed or have already commenced.
- The REC does not review Clinical Trials that fall under the European Communities (Clinical Trials on Medicinal Products for Human Use) Regulations 2004 and the REC does not review studies retrospectively.
- For Research Ethics Committee meetings and submission deadlines, please click RECMeetingSchedule2019
- Please direct any queries in relation to the new Health Research Regulations to the Health Research Board.
- Please direct any queries in relation to Health Research Consent Declarations directly to this committee.
- Please direct any GDPR queries directly to the relevant Data Protection Officer.
All submissions must include:
- REC application form (e-copy, signed signature page scanned)
- Study Protocol (e-copy)
- Principal Investigator CV (e-copy)
Where applicable the PI must also submit:
- Application fee of €600 for industry sponsored studies that fall outside the remit of SI190 (reduced fee of €150 for studies that have already been approved by another recognised REC)
- Consent form (e-copy – please use our template)
- Subject Information sheet/Participant Information Sheet (e-copy – please use our template)
- Advertisement for subjects (e-copy)
- GP/Consultant information letter (e-copy)
- Interview schedule (e-copy)
- Letter of invitation to research subjects (e-copy)
- Questionnaire (e-copy)
- Letter of confirmation of insurance (e-copy)
Note: All questions on the application form must be addressed. Incomplete forms will be deemed invalid and will not be reviewed by the REC.Submissions to the REC must arrive with the administrator three weeks prior to a REC meeting. All submissions/correspondence must be directed to the REC Administrator.Click to download Application Forms:
- Standard REC Application Form for non clinical trials
- Guidance manual on the standard application form
- LocalSignatoryPage_SUH 2019
- LocalCommittee Checklist 2019